Tag Archives: Seyi Tinubu

Lagos Gov’t must prove Seyi Tinubu doesn’t control Lekki toll gate – Bode George.

Advertisements

The PDP chieftain said the open grazing in forests, in the farms and even in the cities is wrong, archaic, deleterious to the economy itself.

A former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Chief Bode George, has called on the Lagos State Government to prove that the son of an All Progressives Congress leader, Seyi Tinubu, does not own or control the Lekki tollgate.

George called on the Lagos State Government to do this by honouring Freedom of Information requests and revealing the terms of agreement between the Lekki Concession Company and the state government.

Advertisements

The PDP chieftain said this in a statement on Friday titled, “We Must Withdraw from the Brink”.

He said the state government must address allegations that Tinubu’s son and his former Chief of Staff, Sunday Dare, who is now the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, control the tollgate.

Advertisements

The PDP chieftain recalled that the state government had changed the terms of the concession years ago and paid off the LCC.

He, therefore, wondered why tolls were still being collected from Lagosians.

George said, “We are demanding that the Lagos State Government through the Freedom of Information Act publishes the names of those who are managing the Toll Gates.

Advertisements

“We do remember however that there was a buy-back several years ago returning the control and ownership of the Admiralty Tollgate to the Lagos State Government. The Lekki-Ikoyi Tollgate was built from scratch with taxpayers money.

“How then can anyone/company inexplicably make a legal claim to the Lekki toll gates? Again, what is the relationship between Seyi Tinubu and Lekki Concession Company?

“Equally, what is the relationship between Sunday Dare and the Lekki Concession Company? We all know that Sunday Dare until he became Minister last year was Bola Tinubu’s Man Friday. There are too many untidy, dirty, stinking intimations here. That’s why we demand that the details of the tollgate ownership should be presented to the public immediately.”

The PDP chieftain argued that since the tollgate was the epicentre of the #EndSARS protests where unarmed demonstrators were shot, the state government should demolish it and erect a monument in its stead.

Advertisements

He said there was nowhere in the world where a single stretch of road would have two toll plazas as is the case along the Lekki-Epe Expressway.

“George added, “In fact how much is Lagos State earning from these two tollgates per day, per month, and annually? It is alleged that an estimated N400m is collected on both tollgates everyday. If we are wrong, let them bring out their books and tell us how this humongous money is being spent.

Advertisements

“I have gone to this length to illustrate what could go wrong when there is a brazen interloper and a destructive tin-pot despot who has handcuffed the government of our state.

“This overbloated character is obsessed with the interests of the privileged few to the detriment of the majority of our citizens.”

George urged the Federal Government to tackle the tendencies towards nepotism and prejudicial preferences that are basically injurious to national unity.

Advertisements

He argued that the seemingly intractable clashes between herdsmen and farmers across the nation which are now more pronounced in the South-West can only be stopped with the outright banning of open grazing.

The PDP chieftain said the open grazing in forests, in the farms and even in the cities is wrong, archaic, deleterious to the economy itself.

He added, “The corralling and the ranching of cows are the model in Argentina, Brazil and all other beef-producing nations of the world.

“This is the time that President Muhammadu Buhari demonstrates a rallying unifying leadership to bring all our people together.

Advertisements

“Surely, this is not the time for ethnic or sectarian jingoism. This is the time for healing. This is the time to mend the broken places and rectify the pervasive wrongs.”

NoRM learnt that Dare had earlier in the week denied owning a stake in the Lagos toll gates while Tinubu’s son admitted to only controlling the advert display boards at the toll plaza.

Advertisements

#Newsworthy

EndSARs: Sanwo olu orders lekki billboard be switched off – Tinubu.

Advertisements

The statement informed that the board was switched off based on the governor’s curfew request as they had no idea what was going to happen to the unarmed #EndSARS protesters.

The management of Loatsad Promomedia Limited led by Seyi Tinubu has cleared the air on report making the round that the billboard at the Lekki Toll gate was deliberately put out by the agency.

Lekki Toll gate was where the Tuesday massacre happened with some lives lost and many injured.

Advertisements

A statement from the advertising agency owned by Seyi Tinubu, one of the sons of the Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Wednesday said the billboard was switched off on Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s order.

It reiterated that the agency had lent its support to the #EndSARS movement since the peaceful demonstrations began across the state.

The statement reads further “When we started in 2014, we had a plan to change the perception of African start-ups in the global space. We believed as Africans, we could create something great and we set out with a N4m loan from a bank and we started trading, going from door to door begging for work and relentlessly grew the business employing and empowering over 200 Nigerians today directly or indirectly. We have supported many upcoming businesses, artists, people in need as giving back to our community has always been our passion (all this can be verified).

“All of our achievements thus far have come the from hard work, sweat and determination of our work force and everything Loatsad has been doing has been open, all taxes are remitted and payments to agencies and regulatory bodies have been timely, so we can be proud to say we are contributing the growth of the industry and Nation.

Advertisements

“When the “EndSars” and “say no to police brutality” protests started from day one we wholly supported the movement and used all our platforms to promote the messages (I believe the promoters can verify this information) as we believed in the cause.

“On Tuesday when the curfew was announced we heeded the governors warnings and didn’t want our staff in any danger, hence by 3pm our staff had been ordered to leave the site and the board was switched off based on the governors curfew request.

“We had no idea what was going to happen and we feel the same anguish, pain and shock at the events that unfolded and our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this ungodly act.

“We believe in this movement and that it was the start of the change our generation needed to move our country forward and we will continue to support the youths of this great nation.”


#Newsworthy…