The Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu, has made allegations of a plot to assassinate high-profile personalities in the state.
Mr. Shaibu said this on Saturday during a press briefing in Benin-city.
“We have intelligence that some individuals are in Edo state and their assignment is to come and assassinate some known individuals in the state.
“So I am hereby bringing to the notice of the general public that these people are in town and we’ve communicated to the security agencies about their activities and why they are in town.”
Shaibu called on President Muhammadu Buhari to charge security agencies to “do their work because Edo will not be a theatre of war if these things are dealt with.”
“For us, we will continue to appeal to our people not to look for trouble,” the Deputy-Governor continued, ” not to disturb any program. We are law-abiding. We have a duty to protect lives and properties. That we will continue to do.”
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.