Nollywood has yet been thrown into mourning as Popular Yoruba actress, Alhaja Musiliat Arikeusola, widely known as Osuntohun dies at 67,
According to reports, Osuntohun reportedly died on Friday morning in her house at Ijetu area, Osogbo, Osun State.
The spokesperson of the Secretary of Theatre Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria in Osun State, Ademola Adedokun, verified her demise. Noble Reporters Media learnt
Osuntohun, who rose to prominence after playing the roles of an esoteric being in late Yekinni Ajileye’s Koto Orun series and other Ajileye productions of the 90’s. The actress until death was an Osun worshiper and had battled with an undisclosed ailment for some years.
A statement by Adedokun described the late Osuntohun as “passionate and committed actress who gave her best to the vocation.” According to him, apart from her appearances in Koto Orun, Aye Akamora, Koto Aye, all produced by late Ajileye, Osuntohun also produced movies like ‘Omi Ipin,’ ‘Imi Esin’ and ‘Ogun Omo Iya le’, which Adedokun said was her last work.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.