Jackie Chan, award-winning Hong Kong actor, has assured his numerous fans that he is safe and not under quarantine amid concerns of the deadly coronavirus.
In a post on his social media page, the veteran actor disclosed that he was informed by one of his staff that there had been widespread rumours of him being quarantined for the virus.
He also said that such rumours making the rounds have fetched him several donations from several quarters.
While appreciating his fans for their gestures, the 65-year-old, however, noted he is healthy and safe from the virus.
“Thanks for everybody’s concern! I’m safe and sound, and very healthy. Please don’t worry, I’m not in quarantine. I hope everyone stays safe and healthy too!” he told his over 3 million Instagram followers.
Chan also took to his official website to issue a more detailed statement.
“Recently, my staff told me about the news that’s been circulating around the world, saying that I’ve been placed under quarantine for COVID-19,” he wrote.
“Firstly, I’d like to take this opportunity to say “thank you” for everybody’s concern! I’m very healthy and safe, and haven’t been quarantined. I’ve received many messages from friends asking if I’m ok. Your love and concern is so heartwarming. Thank you!”
He added that he has already asked his staff to distribute the face masks and other gifts sent to him to organisations that need such.
“I’ve also received some very special gifts from fans all over the world during this very difficult time. Thank you for the face masks,” he added.
“Your thoughtfulness is well received! And I’ve asked my lovely staff to donate your kindness through official organisations to those who need it most.”
The deadly virus has been ravaging several countries across the globe, with Nigeria recording its first case on Friday.