Tag Archives: de bruyne

Mancity: ‘never knew De Bruyne is the choosing one’

Advertisements

Manchester City were ‘relieved’ that Kevin De Bruyne was awarded the Premier League Player of the Year, according to Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

The City chairman admitted fears that De Bruyne, who equalled Thierry Henry’s assist record with 20 for the campaign, would miss out on the prize.

Advertisements

City have lifted four of the last nine titles but the Belgian – who the club want to tie down to a new contract – became the first of their players to win the accolade.

‘It was a combination of being pleased but also a bit relieved,’ Al Mubarak said. ‘Obviously it is subjective because of who he plays for, but Kevin is the best player in the league this year.

‘I was worried because we have seen it before with City players, them being overlooked for this very important award and I was worried that Kevin would be overlooked this year, because in my view it was unquestionable.’

Advertisements

Pep Guardiola has previously referenced the lack of individual honours bestowed on his squad, particularly in the two title-winning campaigns.

Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk won it as City reached 100 points and then defended their crown.

Al Mubarak added: ‘Kevin’s earned it, he’s shown it and I’m glad he got this appreciation and respect from the football world.

‘He has become an important leader of this group. He is really the future of City and all I can say is well deserved and well earned.’

Must Read

Mancity to sign Lautaro Martinez


#NobleSports

‘Different Year, Same Shit!’ – De Bruyne lament amid City’s UCL exit

Advertisements

Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne has revealed his frustration about his side’s continuing struggles in the Champions League.

Despite being overwhelming favourites, City fell to a shock 3-1 loss to Lyon in Saturday’s quarter-final, leaving 2015/16’s run to the semi-final as the only time City have ever reached the last four of the competition.

After a slow start which saw City trail 1-0 at half time, De Bruyne snatched a goal back after the break to give City some hope, but a poor end to the game saw Moussa Dembélé net twice either side of a horror miss from Raheem Sterling to gift Lyon the win.

Man City fell 3-1 to Lyon in the Champions League quarter-final | Alex Livesey – Danehouse/Getty Images

“It’s a different year, but the same stuff. I think the first half wasn’t good enough. I think we know that,” De Bruyne told BT Sport after the game. “We started slowly and we didn’t have many options. I think second half we played really well.

Advertisements

“We had them under pressure, we played more offensively, like we normally do, and I think we had them. We created enough second half to score enough goals but we need to learn, it’s not good enough.

“This team is great but we made too many mistakes. It’s what we’ve done all year.”

Despite De Bruyne’s admission of City’s shortcoming, the defeat will still be shrouded in controversy as Lyon’s second goal was awarded despite an inadvertent trip from goalscorer Dembélé on Aymeric Laporte, who was left on the turf and unable to chase back.

Advertisements

The defender took to Twitter after the game to condemn the decision, writing: “Just to be clear: I will not hide, I’m a football player but a man foremost, we all made mistakes in this game, and I also take my responsibility for the bad team performance tonight. But this decision is hard to accept, especially in a crucial qualifier AND with the help of VAR.”

His frustration was shared by manager Pep Guardiola, although the Spaniard used his post-match interview to focus on City’s mistakes instead of any refereeing decisions.

“It happened many times in this competition. It is what it is, the referee and VAR decided,” he said. “I don’t want to talk about the circumstances. It looks like I am complaining or finding causes. We are out.

“I had the feeling we were ready but we make mistakes. That’s why we are out.”

Don’t Miss:

Mancity demands £31m from Barcelona for Eric Garcia


#NobleSport

De Bruyne willing to remain at Mancity at all cost

Advertisements

Kevin De Bruyne is committed to staying at Manchester City even if the club’s two-year Champions League ban is upheld.

As revealed by Sportsmail, City will learn their fate when the Court of Arbitration for Sport delivers an appeal verdict at 9.30am on Monday, with expulsion set to cost the club more than £150million.

But De Bruyne, who will continue his hunt for the Premier League assist record at Brighton, will not look to force a move away.

De Bruyne and his wife, Michele, are expecting their third child this year and are settled in the North West.

City are expected to begin negotiations over a new contract with the 29-year-old, who has three years to run on his existing deal and earns a guaranteed £280,000 a week.

Advertisements

It is a major boost for Pep Guardiola’s men, who were handed a treacherous path in Friday’s Champions League draw. Juventus or Lyon await in the last eight, assuming City overcome Real Madrid in the last 16 — they lead 2-1 after a first-leg away win.

Guardiola’s former sides Bayern and Barcelona are then possible semi-final opponents. Barcelona must come past Napoli after a 1-1 draw in Italy, and Bayern lead Chelsea 3-0.

All ties from the quarter-final stage will be played in Portugal and will be decided over one match.

League Cup winners City are chasing a treble with the FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal next Saturday and the second leg against Real on August 7.

Advertisements

Guardiola said: ‘I have the feeling that in the next four weeks, my players and the club have something that is not coming back again. I feel the motivation and I think the team is there.’

‘Big clubs don’t miss these chances, to try until the last effort.’

Meanwhile, Wolves and Manchester United could meet in the Europa League semi-finals.

United will face Istanbul Basaksehir or Copenhagen in the last eight, provided they don’t throw away a 5-0 first-leg lead over LASK of Austria.

Roma or Sevilla await in the quarters if Nuno Espirito Santo’s side can knock out Olympiacos. The sides drew 1-1 in Greece in March.

Must Read

Aguero to miss Real Madrid Vs Mancity’s Clash


#NobleSports

Advertisements

Hurray🎉: Happy 29th Birthday to Europe’s Assist King ‘Kevin De Bruyne’

Advertisements

Happy glorious birthday to Manchester city and Belgium star ‘Kevin Debruyne’.

De bruyne’s legacy in football has been unbeatable, he reached 29 years of years today celebrating with his wife a lovely son.

Below are his birthday pics…

Advertisements

#NobleSports

Advertisements

‘Great Commitment’ as De Bryune chooses Mancity despite UCL ban


Kevin De Bruyne is open to extending his contract with Manchester City if the club are successful in overturning their two-year ban from the Champions League, reports Goal.

Advertisements

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) will hear City’s appeal against UEFA’s punishment for “serious breaches” of Financial Fair Play rules starting on June 8 with the case listed for three days.

De Bruyne admitted earlier this month that he could consider his future if the two-year ban from European competition was upheld, acknowledging that two seasons out of European football’s biggest competition would be hard to stomach. But City have consistently insisted to their players that UEFA’s decision will be overturned after an appeal.

Advertisements

The Belgium international has three years remaining on his contract but sources say he would be open to staying for longer as he and his young family are settled in Manchester and with the Premier League champions.

De Bruyne, who joined from Wolfsburg in August 2015 in a club-record €75million (£55m) deal, signed a five-year contract in January 2018.

Advertisements

The 28-year-old is a candidate to take over from David Silva as the new club captain when the Spaniard leaves after 10 years at the club. And he has represented the City squad during crisis talks surrounding the impact on the game during the coronavirus outbreak.

Leading clubs across Europe were alerted when De Bruyne said he was waiting to hear the verdict but insists he remains committed to the club.


#NobleSports….

Advertisements
Advertisements

De Bruyne Unviels His Best Teammate

Advertisements

David Silva is adored by Manchester City fans for his style, elegance and skill, but it is another trait that stands out for teammate Kevin de Bruyne.

Advertisements

Silva is expected to leave City at the end of this season, bringing an end to a trophy-laden era for the Spaniard at the Etihad, with 13 domestic titles to his name. At international level, the 34-year-old has two European Championships and one World Cup title with Spain.

As City prepare for life without Silva, De Bruyne has joined the growing number of players and pundits heaping praise on the no.21, naming his midfield partner as the best player he has ever played alongside.

“Somebody with the best fundamentals in the game, and has the things that you need, for me is David Silva,” De Bruyne told Bleacher Report.

However, De Bruyne named Silva’s ability to do the basic things simply as his greatest quality, rather than his flair on the ball.

~Kevin De Bruyne

” In every sport you can do the flashy things, but to do the basics so well is amazing,” De Bruyne continued.

“Even in training, he does everything so well, even in training you can’t take the ball off of him, it’s incredible to see because in England they say you need power and speed but you work with your brain and the rest comes.

“He’s won everything as well, trophies here, titles in Spain. I think he’s played 125 times for Spain with Xavi and Andreas Iniesta, if you’re playing that much in that team, it says enough.”


#NobleSports

Advertisements
Advertisements

De Bruyne Aims BALON’DOR In Near Future ~ Ngcongca

Advertisements

Having previously spent four seasons with De Bruyne at Genk, Ngcongca had a first-hand account of the midfielder breaking into the Blue-White first team from the academy.

Advertisements

After predicting that the 28-year-old would one day become a world-class player, Ngcongca feels that the City man has lived up to expectations.

“The boy was such a menace to defenders,” Ngcongca told Far Post, before adding that he knew “a world-beater had been born because the boy just hated losing.

“I remember, after that game [2010/11 title decider against Standard Liege], telling a teammate that the boy would go far in his career and he has proven me right over the years.”

De Bruyne went on to join Chelsea in 2012 but struggled for game time before a loan spell at Werder Bremen and then a move to Wolfsburg, where he claimed the 2014/15 Bundesliga Player of the Year.

Advertisements

“I never doubted his abilities even after Chelsea let him go. I knew he would bounce back and perhaps win the Ballon d’Or one day,” said Ngcongca.

“It’s no surprise he has been named Manchester City Player of the Year twice, in 2016 and 2018.

“He was such a skilful player and would pull a shibobo [nutmeg] in every game.

~Kevin De Bruyne

“I don’t recall a practice session that ended without him passing the ball between an opponent’s legs.

“What he’s doing now is nothing, I guess he has matured and is no longer fascinated by that.”

Barring injuries, De Bruyne has been a top performer in recent seasons at the top level although is yet to earn a top-10 Ballon d’Or place.

Advertisements

But Ngcongca believes that the midfielder is yet to dish out his best but is close to being named the world’s best player.

“He’s not too far from winning it [Ballon d’Or]. I actually think we’ve yet to see his best judging by what I witnessed when he joined the senior team at Genk,” Ngcongca continued.

De Bruyne himself has also said that he can win the Ballon d’Or, a view shared by his City coach Pep Guardiola.


#NobleSports

Advertisements
Advertisements

Barca offered chance to sign De Bruyne but aware it’s impossible in summer

Advertisements

Mundo Deportivo have an interesting report about how Barcelona would love to sign Kevin de Bruyne but are well aware that is one deal that’s not happening any time soon.

Advertisements

It’s not even 48 hours since UEFA’s sanction for Manchester City was known to leave Citizens two years out of the Champions, that an agent knocked on the door of Barca to offer a player.

It wasn’t interesting. Although Pep Guardiola will be faithful to his commitment to the Manchester team, some of his players do not seem willing to move away from the showcase of the best competition in the world with Kevin de Bruyne among them saying “two years without European football would be very long.”

The Belgian trusts his team, is waiting for what will happen, but he knows – because he says so – that there are other coaches in the world and that he will not always be lucky enough to be with Pep. There are also other big clubs interested in him. De Bruyne is at the optimum age who will be 29 next month. The Belgian midfielder, whose passing, speed, and vision of play is unique in the world. It is among the best and makes a difference.

But it’s impossible to land him this summer as Barcelona put Lautaro as their great priority under coronavirus financial pressure, but… can a transfer be raised within the two years of sanction? That’s what we said: It’s crazy.


#NobleSports

Advertisements
Advertisements

De Bruyne hints at exit if Champions League ban upheld

Advertisements

The Manchester City midfielder would be a prized capture for any team, and his most recent comments suggest two years out would be too much.

Advertisements

Kevin de Bruyne has a contract with Manchester City until 2023. On Saturday he spoke with Belgian newspaper HLN (Het Laatste Nieuws) and the 28-year-old midfielder did not flat out deny his departure from the club if the appeal against the two-year Champions League ban does not go well. By leaving the door open for a potential exit, Europe’s elite clubs will all be in the market to sign one of the most talented players around.

De Bruyne leaves everything open
“I’m just waiting,” he replied. “The club has told us that they are going to appeal and that they are almost 100% sure that they are right. That’s why I’m waiting to see what will happen. I trust my club. Once the statement is made, I’ll review everything.

“Two years would be a long time, in the case of one year I might see. But I’m very happy with City. I play for one of the best teams in the world, I play in England, the most competitive league, and I like it.

Advertisements

“It continues to be a challenge to be the best and I need that too. What will be will be.”

A decision based on Guardiola exiting too?
“Not particularly. I think Pep says he will take his year of contract anyway, then his contract ends. But I’m not going to let my decision depend on what Pep is doing.

“Of course I have already worked with other coaches and when Pep leaves, I have to continue working with someone else. But I haven’t really paid much attention to that for the time being. There are more important things at the moment.”

Advertisements

On a Premier League return soon
“My gut says that we may be able to train again within two weeks. The government wants to restart football as soon as possible to give people something.

“Everything will be finished without fans, I think. The financial aspect is far too important in the Premier League. If the season is not finished, it will cause serious problems.”

“Everyone will be tested once we start playing again. I don’t think the players are really afraid for themselves, but they are for their family. That is the main problem for many people.”


#NobleSports

Advertisements
Advertisements

‘Thierry, I’m coming for you’ – De Bruyne fires warning to EPL assist king Henry

Advertisements

Kevin De Bruyne has told Thierry Henry he is gunning for his Premier League assists record.

The Manchester City midfielder had laid on a remarkable 16 goals in England’s top flight this season before the campaign was placed on hiatus due to the coronavirus outbreak last month.

Advertisements

The Belgium international reached 18 during the 2016-17 season and, in an interview with The Athletic’s Ornstein & Chapman podcast, joked he was irked not to be on 17 already this time around – referencing Raheem Sterling’s goal in a 3-0 December win at Arsenal that came courtesy of his slightly deflected cross.

Henry racked up an astonishing 20 assists for Arsenal in the 2002-03 campaign and De Bruyne worked closely with the France great when he served as an assistant to Belgium boss Roberto Martinez.

“To be honest, I feel Like I’m on 17 – I know they took one away from me at Arsenal,” The City star chuckled.

“I don’t know why they did it, I still don’t understand it.

Advertisements

“I always joked with Henry in the national team, even at Vincent Kompany’s testimonial this year. I saw him and said ‘I’m coming for you this year’.

“To have 16 assists is really nice and speaks really well for a creative player. But if it doesn’t happen we still go on.

“When you get something [a record] it fills you with pride because I had it in Germany and it’s nice to see you broke some records.”


#NobleSports…..

Advertisements
Advertisements

28-years De bruyne vows to play 2 extra years in City after COVID-19 outbreak.


Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne has vowed to play for an extra two years at the end of his career to make up for the time lost due to the coronavirus.

The Premier League is postponed until at least April 30 because of the pandemic and is likely to be delayed even longer when the English game’s stakeholders meet on Friday.


De Bruyne has not played since March 1 because of the health crisis and the miserable experience has underlined to the Belgian star just how much he loves the game.

The 28-year-old’s desire to prolong his career comes after he enjoyed a superb personal season with City after missing most of their treble-winning campaign last term due to injury.


“I told my wife I’m going to play a little longer,” De Bruyne said in an Instagram Live video Q&A with Belgium team-mates Romelu Lukaku and Axel Witsel.

“After this lockdown, I cannot stay at home. I told her I’m going to take two years more.


“It’s time to play football again. I miss it and it’s difficult. But we are not important, football is not important. People love football, but you need to stay safe.”

De Bruyne revealed his family, including his two children, had been ill during the virus lockdown, but he said they are better now.


“I’ve been at home now for two weeks,” he said.

“At the beginning, my family and my kids were a little bit sick so that was a little bit worrying but they are alright now.

“It took eight or nine days, we don’t know, but now they are better luckily as you never know what is going to happen.

“People ask why I’m not in Belgium. It’s because I’m self-isolating in England. I live here so I’m here with my kids and wife.”


#NobleSport

Kevin de Bruyne Earns Oscars 2020 Recognition as Parasite’s Bong Joon-Ho Name Drops Man City Star


What do directors Alfred Hitchcock and Martin Scorsese, South Korean figure-skater Yuna Kim, Led Zeppelin guitar icon Jimmy Page, and, eh, Manchester City’s Kevin de Bruyne all have in common?

For those of you who didn’t bother with Sunday night’s Oscars ceremony (90min’s Alternative Academy Awards were better anyway), you’re about to find out.

Continue reading Kevin de Bruyne Earns Oscars 2020 Recognition as Parasite’s Bong Joon-Ho Name Drops Man City Star