All posts by Oyeyemi noble

FG told to halt flight from affected countries

Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has advised the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to stop all flights from countries that have recorded outbreak of coronavirus.

Atiku, who was the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the last election, said Nigeria should fight the disease the same way it was able to tackle the outbreak of Ebola in 2014.


He said in a Facebook post that since Buhari had been able to shut land borders to protect the economy, it would not be too difficult to stop flights from countries facing the coronavirus scourge.

“But above all, Nigeria must not panic, whether at the government or individual levels. We have defeated Ebola before, and we can defeat this present predicament,” he said.


Meanwhile, the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Friday allayed the fears of Lagosians over the record of the deadly coronavirus in the state, saying there was no cause for alarm.

Speaking at a press conference at the State House, Marina, Sanwo-Olu said the government had begun tracing those who had contacts with the Italian patient who developed the symptoms in Ogun State, where he had a businesses meeting on Tuesday.


With surveillance officers stationed in all the local government and local council development areas, the governor tasked Lagosians and Nigerians in general on preventive measures through observing proper personal and environmental hygiene.

Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Mr Mudashiru Obasa, on Friday also called for calm among residents of the state, saying the state government had always been proactive in relation to the safety of lives.


Meanwhile, Saipem, an Italian multinational oilfield services company, has debunked claims that the Italian man who brought the dreaded coronavirus to Nigeria visited its office on Banana Island, Lagos.

The Managing Director of Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited, Walter Peviani, said in a statement on Friday that the Italian never visited the office.


#Newsworthy…

Korede Bello learns to be patient

Singer, Korede Bello, who was born on February 29, speaks to TOFARATI IGE about his career and how it feels celebrating his birthday once in every four years

You went off the radar for some time. Did you intentionally take a break from the music industry?

Yes! My short break was intentional and very necessary for my sanity and personal development. I needed time and space to catch my breath and prioritise my health over my work.


What inspired your latest song, ‘Sun mo Mi’?

It was the beat that inspired the song. Usually, I write with my guitar first. But when I started creating this from scratch with Princeton (the producer), I just connected with the rhythm and progression. I would say the song chose me. All I had to do was listen and download.


Is there anything that has changed about your music?

In terms of direction and aesthetics, yes. Everything is more mature and people-centered now. Any style that fits the message I’m trying to pass across works for me.

Some people have labelled you a womaniser because of your lover boy persona. Is that true?

I don’t even know what that word means anymore. I guess when one attracts a lot of female attention and love, they call one a womaniser.


What challenges do you currently face in your career?

My only challenge, as far as I’m concerned, is to make music for as many people that need to hear my message all around the world.

You were born on February 29. How does it feel not being able to celebrate your birthday every year?

I must confess it does make me feel special. I don’t have to feel like I’m getting older every year (laughs). It is truly special to anticipate something for four years. It teaches one a lot about patience and rewards.


What’s the most memorable birthday celebration you’ve had?

All the birthdays I’ve had have been memorable because I had four years to plan for them.

What do you still aim to achieve with your music career?

I aim to connect more people with my voice. I would also like to perform at the biggest venues, as well as support and unveil new talents to the world.


Some people feel you haven’t lived up to expectations career-wise. What’s your reaction to that?

I don’t react to issues, I would rather respond. As for this question, I would let my music answer it.

You were rumoured to be in a relationship with Iyabo Ojo’s daughter, Priscilla. How true is that?

I think Priscilla would be in a better position to respond to that (laughs).


Do you plan on getting married anytime soon?

Wedding bells are always sounding every Saturday. Perhaps, you have not been paying attention. I even try to put bells in my songs because my name is Bello. If you listen closely to the song, ‘Sun mo Mi’, you would hear wedding bells and hints of a potential wedding.

What qualities would you like in your dream woman?

The only quality that truly matters is a strong connection. A connection with God, herself and with me. Every other thing doesn’t really matter. Besides, a dream woman will always be a dream. I want a real woman.


At this stage of your career, do you have any regrets?

If there are, I don’t remember any. I don’t live in the past or in the future. If one lives in the past, one would be filled with regrets. And if one lives in the future, one would have many worries. However, there are no regrets in the present and that’s where you would find me.

What are the greatest lessons you’ve learnt in the course of your career?

I have learnt quite a number of lessons over the years, including the fact that a star starts to die from the moment it is born.

Also, the purpose of a star is to give life and share light.


Is your contract with Mavin Records still valid? If yes, when would it expire and what are your plans after leaving the record company?

I’m still a ‘Mavin’ and what we have is a mutually beneficial business relationship.


#Newsworthy…

Bryan Okwara expecting first child

Nollywood actor and model, Bryan Okwara and his longtime partner, model Marie Miller are expecting their first child together.

Taking to his Instagram page on Saturday morning, the soon to be father announced the pregnancy with a photo of the former Miss Earth Nigeria happily flaunting her bare baby bump.


He wrote in his caption: “My valentine.

“With a very gentle and beautiful heart. I cant find the words to tell you how truly happy you make me feel. In an imperfect world… you are perfect in every way. You are a blessing to me… and May God continue to bless you and our beautiful child. Amen”


#Newsworthy…

Hakim Ziyech is a Blue!

Ziyech is known to be one of manager Frank Lampard’s top targets and it looks as though he is now set for a move to Stamford Bridge at the end of the season.

Chelsea have agreed a £40million deal for Ajax star Hakim Ziyech.


Boss Frank Lampard was desperate to land the Moroccan forward in January and was disappointed to not to get him in before the transfer window closed.

However, he is now set to get his man this summer despite the fact Ziyech only penned a new three-year contract with the Dutch giants at the end of last season.

Dutch newspaper Der Telegraaf claims that Chelsea must finish in the top four and qualify for the Champions League to land him.


But the deal has been agreed by all parties and Lampard will be delighted that his squad will be strengthened after the club failed to bring in any new blood last month.

At the time he said: “Some things are not in my control. My first thought as always is what happens on the training pitch. It’s clear that we wanted to bring players in.

“I certainly wanted to bring players in. I think I’ve made that pretty clear over the last few weeks and it hasn’t happened.”


It is believed the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal were also tracking Ziyech, but the Blues have moved quickly to snap him up.

The 26-year-old has been at Ajax since 2016 but only really grabbed the attentions of Europe’s elite teams last season, when he performed admirably against the likes of Real Madrid and Juventus and scored against Tottenham in the semi-final second leg.


#Noblesport…

APC to review judgement in Zamfara

The All Progressives Congress in Zamfara State has said it would approach the Supreme Court for a review of the judgement awarding its victories in the 2019 general elections.

The immediate-past governor of the state, Abdul-Azeez Yari, disclosed this on Tuesday in an interview after leading the state APC to a meeting with the National Working Committee of the party in Abuja.


At the meeting presided over by the APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole, the party accused the Governor Bello Matawalle-led Peoples Democratic Party of using the police to disrupt their meetings as well as detaining and imprisoning their members.

Yari said the decision to approach the apex court for a review followed the protest that greeted the judgement nullifying the victory of the PDP Emeka Ihedioha as governor of Imo State.


He said, “We have heard that the National Chairman of the PDP (Uche Secondus) staged a protest to the US Embassy. We also decided to be there too as the APC with some national leaders to tell the US that what PDP is complaining in Imo we got a more painful one in Zamfara.

“The apex court decided to award our gains to the PDP which has never happened before. We are also seeking the apex court to review this judgement because it is purely injustice to us.”


#Newsworthy…

Tonto Dikeh told to rebuild her life

A recent post from Olakunle Churchill, estranged husband of Nollywood star Tonto Dikeh seems to be an indirect shot fired at Tonto.

Churchill has advised his followers to stop looking for a partner, and focus on their lives through hard work and determination.


According to the astute businessman, the right partner will find his or her way to you when the time is right.

The part of his message that really seems like a direct message to her ex-wife, is the part where he advised his followers to focus on rebuilding their lives.


“Stop looking for partner. Focus on your goals and rebuilding your life. The right person will eventually find their way to you,” he said.

See his post below;


#Newsworthy…

NBA legend and daughter laid to rest in private funeral

NBA legend, Kobe Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter Gianna Bryant have been laid to rest in a private funeral which took place yesterday (Feb.11) in Los Angeles.The funeral comes just two weeks after the pair died in a tragic helicopter crash along with seven passengers, Christina Mauser, John Altobelli, Keri Altobelli, Alyssa Altobelli, Sarah Chester, Payton Chester, and pilot Ara Zobayan. .
.


Bryant, 41, and Gianna were on their way to basketball practice when the helicopter they were in crashed, killing everyone on board.
.
.
A public memorial will also be held on February 24 at the Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles, where fans will be giving the opportunity to pay their respects.


#Newsworthy…

Vanessa Bryant still dealing with the tragic loss

Vanessa Bryant, the wife of NBA Legend, Kobe Bryant has opened up on how she’s dealing with the tragic loss of her husband and 13-year-old daughter, Gianna.

The pair died along with seven others in a tragic helicopter crash on Sunday, Jan. 26th. Bryant, 41, and his 13-year-old daughter were actually on their way to a basketball practice when the helicopter they were in crashed, killing everyone on board.


In an emotional Instagram post, Vanessa disclosed that she’s having a hard time accepting that her husband and daughter are gone.

According to her, even when she tries to process Kobe being gone, her body refuses to accept that her daughter will never come back to her.

Sharing a heartbreaking video of Gianna and Kobe, she wrote: I’ve been reluctant to put my feelings into words. My brain refuses to accept that both Kobe and Gigi are gone. I can’t process both at the same time. It’s like I’m trying to process Kobe being gone but my body refuses to accept my Gigi will never come back to me. It feels wrong.


Why should I be able to wake up another day when my baby girl isn’t being able to have that opportunity?! I’m so mad. She had so much life to live. Then I realize I need to be strong and be here for my 3 daughters. Mad I’m not with Kobe and Gigi but thankful I’m here with Natalia, Bianka and Capri.

I know what I’m feeling is normal. It’s part of the grieving process. I just wanted to share in case there’s anyone out there that’s experienced a loss like this. God, I wish they were here and this nightmare would be over.

Praying for all of the victims of this horrible tragedy. Please continue to pray for all.


She posted;

I’ve been reluctant to put my feelings into words. My brain refuses to accept that both Kobe and Gigi are gone. I can’t process both at the same time. It’s like I’m trying to process Kobe being gone but my body refuses to accept my Gigi will never come back to me. It feels wrong. Why should I be able to wake up another day when my baby girl isn’t being able to have that opportunity?! I’m so mad. She had so much life to live. Then I realize I need to be strong and be here for my 3 daughters. Mad I’m not with Kobe and Gigi but thankful I’m here with Natalia, Bianka and Capri. I know what I’m feeling is normal. It’s part of the grieving process. I just wanted to share in case there’s anyone out there that’s experienced a loss like this. God I wish they were here and this nightmare would be over. Praying for all of the victims of this horrible tragedy. Please continue to pray for all.

A post shared by Vanessa Bryant 🦋 (@vanessabryant).


Bryant and Gianna are survived by his wife Vanessa, and daughters Natalia, Bianka and Capri.


#Newsworthy…

Nollywood actress escapes kidnapper’s den

Nollywood actress, Ibiwari Etuk took to social media to share her ordeal in the hands of kidnappers.Ibiwari stated that she was kidnapped in January, but thankfully regained her freedom


In her words;”On the 6th, 7th and 8th of January 2020, I walked through the valley of the shadow of death but God didn’t abandon me, he came through for me. That I came out alive and unhurt is a testimony. All I could do in those most terrifying days was plead for my life to those 4 boys of the underworld while praying to God to confuse them enough not to cause me bodily harm.


“I lost all my money since my 3 ATMs were in my car when I was taken with the car but I didn’t care my life was most important. I was dehydrated and starved even though they offered me food and water I refused for fear of passing out. I couldn’t sleep because of the terrifying sounds I hear right inside the bush both at night and in the day time notwithstanding the constant threat of being killed if the ransom they asked for wasn’t paid.


“I cried until my eyes dried out, why are some HUMANS wicked? Why?
I still freak out a little when it’s dark but I am fighting it with the help of the people around me. I am a strong woman not because I am literally strong but because I am still here and pushing on.“So many went through this process and never came out alive to tell the tale.
Thank you, lord for everything indeed it ENDED IN PRAISE to your glory
I will forever worship and be grateful to you…”


#Newsworthy…