Al-Qaeda militants in war-torn Yemen executed a dentist accused of spying for the government and guiding US drone strikes targeting the Islamist extremists, a local official said on Sunday.
The jihadis shot Motthar al-Youssoufi, then crucified his corpse and left it outside his health centre, the official told Media (known to Noble Reporters Media) on condition of anonymity.
The execution took place on Saturday in Somaa, a district of Yemen’s central Al-Baida province, the official added.
Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), which is active in Yemen, is considered by the United States as the radical group’s most dangerous branch.
The US has carried out a long-running drone campaign in Yemen.
The Sunni extremist group has thrived in the chaos of years of civil war between Yemen’s Saudi-backed government and Shiite rebels who control the capital.
An AQAP video contained — according to the organisation — a “confession” by the dentist to having worked with government security services, and to having placed microchips to guide US missile strikes.
AQAP operates in the Al-Baida province — which is under nominal government control — after retreating from positions in the south and east of the country, the local official added.
The group plans to execute another Yemeni accused of spying, and is holding five more men and seven women also accused of espionage, the official said.
AQAP has carried out operations against both the Huthis and government forces, as well as sporadic attacks abroad.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.Thanks so much fans, due to some adventures, we’ve moved … Continue reading We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.While serving a sentence for murder, Joseph had already escaped twice from another prison, in Port-au-Prince, in 2010 and 2017.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.Commissioner for Information in Kano, Alh. Tanko Yakasai confirmed the arrest of his son to journalists..
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.Chief Magistrate Auwal Yusuf-Suleiman, also slammed an N500,000 fine on the rice mill and N200,000 on the store.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.Abubakar III urged the bandits to always have the fear of God in their ways of life.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’This came almost two weeks after armed gang kidnapped 42 of them from the boarding school.
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.He urged the Federal Government to urgently implement an amnesty for the armed Fulani herdsmen to save Nigeria from prolonged banditry
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.The bloodshed led to all parties calling for peaceful parliamentary elections.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.The deputy governor assured that the government would continue to do its best for better health care services across the state.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.The agreement was seen as a national humiliation for many in Armenia..