Gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram insurgents have attacked a community in Yobe State.
The attackers went into Mashio community in Fune Local Government Council and started shooting sporadically, abducting the village head, Isa Mai Buba, and his son.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the State, ASP Dungus Abdulkarim, and Acting Chairman of the affected Local Government, Abubakar Kolere confirmed the incident to Media (known to Noble Reporters Media)
They explained that the incident occurred on Saturday night, noting that the son of the village head escaped in the early hours of Sunday but his father is still in captivity.
The attack comes a few days after 14 people were recently killed by gunmen at Ukuru village in Mariga Local Government Area of Niger State.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abiodun Wasiu, confirmed the attack and casualty figure in a statement.
But a resident of the community, Musa Audu, who witnessed the attack, narrated what transpired in a phone conversation. Noble Reporters Media learnt
He explained that the gunmen invaded the community at a time when members of the vigilante were out of the community to patrol some of the forests in the area.
Audu, whose cousin was among those killed by the gunmen, stated that the attack took place during the popular Mariga market which had many traders from various locations.
He said bodies of 15 persons have been found, adding that many people who sustained injuries ran into a nearby bush and they were still being searched for.
Meanwhile, the PPRO has disclosed that the state command is making efforts to rescue the traditional ruler unhurt.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.Thanks so much fans, due to some adventures, we’ve moved … Continue reading We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.While serving a sentence for murder, Joseph had already escaped twice from another prison, in Port-au-Prince, in 2010 and 2017.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.Commissioner for Information in Kano, Alh. Tanko Yakasai confirmed the arrest of his son to journalists..
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.Chief Magistrate Auwal Yusuf-Suleiman, also slammed an N500,000 fine on the rice mill and N200,000 on the store.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.Abubakar III urged the bandits to always have the fear of God in their ways of life.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’This came almost two weeks after armed gang kidnapped 42 of them from the boarding school.
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.He urged the Federal Government to urgently implement an amnesty for the armed Fulani herdsmen to save Nigeria from prolonged banditry
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.The bloodshed led to all parties calling for peaceful parliamentary elections.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.The deputy governor assured that the government would continue to do its best for better health care services across the state.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.The agreement was seen as a national humiliation for many in Armenia..