Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, spoke to reporters on August 15, 2020, during an inspection of the Lagos-Ibadan railway project.
Minister of Information and Culture on Saturday said there is nothing bad in borrowing for infrastructure.
Mohammed made the remarks during an inspection tour of the Lagos-Ibadan railway project.
“We didn’t borrow money for services,” he said. “We didn’t borrow money for overhead expenditure. We borrowed money for capital projects – rail, road, bridges, power, general infrastructure.
“There is nothing bad in borrowing, provided that borrowing is invested in infrastructure, especially when it will create jobs, create an enabling environment for the economy.”
The Minister added that he was impressed with the Lagos-Ibadan rail project.
“I am very excited,” he said. “When I got into the train this morning, it was as clean and modern as any coach anywhere in the world.
“I was also quite impressed with the passion of the Honourable Minister (of Transportation). You can see that every point in time, he is pushing the contractors, saying ‘look, I can’t wait till October, I will come back in four weeks’ time,’ because we want to be able to deliver this kind of infrastructure to Nigerians.”
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.Thanks so much fans, due to some adventures, we’ve moved … Continue reading We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.While serving a sentence for murder, Joseph had already escaped twice from another prison, in Port-au-Prince, in 2010 and 2017.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.Commissioner for Information in Kano, Alh. Tanko Yakasai confirmed the arrest of his son to journalists..
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.Chief Magistrate Auwal Yusuf-Suleiman, also slammed an N500,000 fine on the rice mill and N200,000 on the store.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.Abubakar III urged the bandits to always have the fear of God in their ways of life.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’This came almost two weeks after armed gang kidnapped 42 of them from the boarding school.
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.He urged the Federal Government to urgently implement an amnesty for the armed Fulani herdsmen to save Nigeria from prolonged banditry
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.The bloodshed led to all parties calling for peaceful parliamentary elections.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.The deputy governor assured that the government would continue to do its best for better health care services across the state.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.The agreement was seen as a national humiliation for many in Armenia..