Burna Boy has been called out by some social media users for what they have called ‘homophobic lyrics’ on his recently released album, Twice as Tall.
We had earlier reported that Burna Boy Twice as Tall Album recorded about five million streams within the first hour of its release, making it become an instant hit.
On social media, fans and followers have been praising him for the album, while it has begun generating massive reviews online.
A Twitter user, @Blaise_21, took to the social media platform to call out Burna Boy for homophobia on the track, “Wettin Dey Sup.”
“This Burna boy lyric spills homophobia back to back.
I been sensed it.
Stop making excuses for Burna boy because you like his music.
Historically, gay people were called weak because they’re not attracted to women and many gay men could only be involved in anal sex.
Also, telling all of us you’re straight after having a song with Sam Smith”
The refrain of the track goes;
“I no be one of those men wey dey fear toto fuck nyash
Check am, na kpa goro kpa
Me I know say everybody got to die on day buried six feet under golo ta”
See more reactions below;
@UnekwuojoJimmy: This Burna Boy has shown time and time again that he is an insensitive, ignorant and razz little shit. Now his homophobia has jumped out… again!
But because he is your fave and you want to vibe so desperately to his mediocre music, you will unlook all his BS.
@TrophyHusbandD: Homophobic lines in music are so silly because they almost never add anything of value to the song…. But now a potentially good song becomes a source of pain or discomfort for your fans.
@fendihoe_: Not people being dishonest and gas lighting this tweet……..is it not on this same TL people were questioning his collab with Sam Smith Bc we all know he’s homophobic?
@Stepharney2: So you can go about screaming you’re gay and rainbowing up but the straight people can’t?
You’re the only one with the rights to state your sexuality in people’s faces?
The actual hypocrisy…. Burna Boy
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.