The Bayelsa Governorship Election Tribunal sitting in Abuja has affirmed the election of Senator Duoye Diri as Bayelsa State Governor.
The three-man panel took the decision on Saturday a month after the Supreme Court dismissed an appeal filed by a former aspirant of the Bayelsa governorship election under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Timi Alaibe, challenging the candidacy of Senator Diri in the November 2019 election.
In a unanimous judgment delivered by Justice Owodunni, the tribunal held that the petition filed by Owei Woniwei of the Alliance for Democracy is incompetent and lacks merit.
The Tribunal further held that the petitioner failed to prove the allegations of the forged declaration of age and the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharged certificate levelled against the Deputy Governor, Senator Lawrence.
The second judgment between Ibiene Stephen versus INEC, Governor Duoye Diri, his deputy and PDP is being delivered now by Justice Yunusa Musa
The Tribunal dismissed United Peoples Congress’ petition challenging Governor Diri’s election.
The last judgment to be delivered is between Vijah Opuama of Liberation Movement against INEC, Senator Duoye Diri, his deputy and the PDP.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.Thanks so much fans, due to some adventures, we’ve moved … Continue reading We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.While serving a sentence for murder, Joseph had already escaped twice from another prison, in Port-au-Prince, in 2010 and 2017.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.Commissioner for Information in Kano, Alh. Tanko Yakasai confirmed the arrest of his son to journalists..
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.Chief Magistrate Auwal Yusuf-Suleiman, also slammed an N500,000 fine on the rice mill and N200,000 on the store.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.Abubakar III urged the bandits to always have the fear of God in their ways of life.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’This came almost two weeks after armed gang kidnapped 42 of them from the boarding school.
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.He urged the Federal Government to urgently implement an amnesty for the armed Fulani herdsmen to save Nigeria from prolonged banditry
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.The bloodshed led to all parties calling for peaceful parliamentary elections.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.The deputy governor assured that the government would continue to do its best for better health care services across the state.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.The agreement was seen as a national humiliation for many in Armenia..