The Ruler of Dubai has ordered 14 tonnes of medical supplies and 20 tonnes of food supplies to Nigeria and Sudan, the Dubai Media Office said on Saturday.
“@HHShkMohd orders humanitarian aid flight to Sudan and Nigeria carrying 14 tonnes of medical supplies, 20 tonnes of food supplies,” the press office said in a tweet.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who is also the Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, recently paid for the medical bills of a Nigerian mother, Suliyat Tijani, who was delivered of a set of quadruplets in the United Arab Emirates.
The latest gesture is likely connected with the coronavirus pandemic.
On August 11, the United States Government handed over 200 modern ventilators to the Nigerian government to aid the latter’s fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.’
Meanwhile, 170 Nigerians returned from the United Arab Emirates to Nigeria on Saturday, taking the number of evacuees from the Arab nation to over 3,000 amid the coronavirus pandemic, according to the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM).
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.Thanks so much fans, due to some adventures, we’ve moved … Continue reading We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.While serving a sentence for murder, Joseph had already escaped twice from another prison, in Port-au-Prince, in 2010 and 2017.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.Commissioner for Information in Kano, Alh. Tanko Yakasai confirmed the arrest of his son to journalists..
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.Chief Magistrate Auwal Yusuf-Suleiman, also slammed an N500,000 fine on the rice mill and N200,000 on the store.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.Abubakar III urged the bandits to always have the fear of God in their ways of life.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’This came almost two weeks after armed gang kidnapped 42 of them from the boarding school.
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.He urged the Federal Government to urgently implement an amnesty for the armed Fulani herdsmen to save Nigeria from prolonged banditry
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.The bloodshed led to all parties calling for peaceful parliamentary elections.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.The deputy governor assured that the government would continue to do its best for better health care services across the state.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.The agreement was seen as a national humiliation for many in Armenia..