United States President Donald Trump on Friday visited his younger brother Robert at a hospital in New York, where he is being treated for an undisclosed illness.
The US leader, who was wearing a face mask upon arriving at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, entered through a back door and stayed about 45 minutes, according to a reporter covering the trip.
US media reports say the president’s brother is seriously ill, although there were no details.
Trump, who was stopping in New York on the way to his golf club in nearby Bedminster, New Jersey for the weekend, told reporters only that “he’s having a hard time.”
While far less famous than his older brother, Robert Trump has long been an integral part of the family real estate empire and is fiercely loyal to the president.
Robert Trump unsuccessfully went to court to try and get an injunction preventing publication of a book by his niece Mary Trump, called “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man.”
The book, which paints Donald Trump as the product of a “toxic” family was a “disgrace,” Robert Trump said. Although a temporary restraining order was applied, a judge lifted this in July, allowing publication.
At a press conference, President Trump called his brother “wonderful” and said they have “had a great relationship for a long time, from day one.”
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.Thanks so much fans, due to some adventures, we’ve moved … Continue reading We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.While serving a sentence for murder, Joseph had already escaped twice from another prison, in Port-au-Prince, in 2010 and 2017.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.Commissioner for Information in Kano, Alh. Tanko Yakasai confirmed the arrest of his son to journalists..
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.Chief Magistrate Auwal Yusuf-Suleiman, also slammed an N500,000 fine on the rice mill and N200,000 on the store.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.Abubakar III urged the bandits to always have the fear of God in their ways of life.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’This came almost two weeks after armed gang kidnapped 42 of them from the boarding school.
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.He urged the Federal Government to urgently implement an amnesty for the armed Fulani herdsmen to save Nigeria from prolonged banditry
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.The bloodshed led to all parties calling for peaceful parliamentary elections.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.The deputy governor assured that the government would continue to do its best for better health care services across the state.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.The agreement was seen as a national humiliation for many in Armenia..