The Kano State Police Command has arrested one Aminu Farawa for locking up his 30-year-old son, Ahmed Aminu, inside his car garage for seven years.
According to a statement released on Friday by the Command spokesman, Abdullahi Haruna, the victim has been rescued and admitted at the Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital in Kano for proper treatment.
According to Mr Aminu, he had had his son locked up for three years after suspecting him of drug abuse.
The State’s Commissioner of Police, Habu Sani has ordered the case transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.