The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the sum of N8.49billion for the procurement of test kits by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).
The approval was given at the end of its 11the virtual meeting which was presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday.
Noble Reporters Media learnt the sum is meant for the procurement of 12 items in various quantities for the testing of COVID-19 in the country.
This comes after the Minister of Health, Osagie Ehanire, presented a memo on behalf of the centre at the Council chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The council also held a one-minute silence for late ex-Ministers, retired Rear Admiral Olufemi Olumide and retired Maj. Gen. Sam Momah.
Rear Admiral Olumide died at 82 years while Maj. Gen. Momah passed away aged 77.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.