Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has assured Nigerian youths of his commitment to supporting them at all times.
Atiku gave the assurance on Wednesday in a message to mark the 21st anniversary of the International Youth Day (IYD).
“I shall stay the course and continue to offer my shoulders for you all to climb because as youths, you are Leaders of Today,” he said.
The former presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) hailed Nigerian youths for their doggedness and drive towards a better nation, saying this year’s theme, “Youth Engagement for Global Action,” captures how important young people are in the scheme of things.
“I salute the Nigerian youth in particular for their commitment and perseverance towards the attainment of a greater Nigeria,” Atiku added.
“This global picture, which has been on my mind, informed my decision of 40% youth inclusion in my 2019 presidential campaign; a promise I am committed to keeping for the futuristic benefit of our great Nation.”
He explained that with the COVID-19 pandemic ravaging the world, youths have a huge responsibility in stemming the disease as the future of humanity rests on their shoulders.
“Indeed, the survival of humanity rests largely on the shoulders of the youths, as vigour is required to wear out this plague,” the former vice president added.
“The vigour and spirit that you embody as youth will play a crucial role in the socio-economic survival of the world, and its rejuvenation, post-COVID19.”
As future leaders, Atiku called on young people to preach and embrace peace, show patriotism, shun nepotism and promote competence.
“Only then can we truly have the Nigeria of our dream,” he said.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.