Spanish-born actor Antonio Banderas has tested positive for coronavirus.
In a post shared on his Instagram page to mark his 60th birthday, Banderas said the development has forced him to celebrate in quarantine.
The multiple award-winning actor, who wrote in Spanish, said he’s “just a little more tired than usual and confident that I will recover as soon as possible.”
“I will take advantage of this isolation to read, write, rest and continue making plans to begin to give meaning to my newly released 60 years to which I arrive loaded with desire and enthusiasm.”
Banderas began his acting career in the 80s and have appeared in such blockbuster movies as Desperado, Assassins, Interview with the Vampire, and The Mask of Zorro.
He won Best Actor at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival for his role in the Spanish film, Pain and Glory.
Greetings to all.
I want to make public that today, August 10, I am forced to celebrate my 60th birthday following quarantine after having tested positive for the COVID-19 disease, caused by the coronavirus.
I would like to add that I feel relatively well, just a little more tired than usual and confident that I will recover as soon as possible following the medical indications that I hope will allow me to overcome the infectious process that I suffer and that is affecting so many people around the planet.
I will take advantage of this isolation to read, write, rest and continue making plans to begin to give meaning to my newly released 60 years to which I arrive loaded with desire and enthusiasm.
A big hug to everyone.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.