Nigeria on Monday night recorded 290 fresh COVID-19 cases. In Disaster Rumour
- FG charges Nigerians on safety measures as COVID-19 deaths near 1,000
The Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, on Monday warned Nigerians that the current COVID-19 death toll in the country was a wake- up call for citizens to take appropriate measures to avoid contracting the virus. In Disaster Rumour
The Court of Appeal, Abuja, on Monday ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to enlist 22 political parties that were earlier deregistered by the commission. In Politics Today
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Monday shifted the post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (Post-UTME) screening in universities, polytechnics and colleges of education in the country till September 7. In Edu-NATION
- COVID-19 yet to reach peak in Nigeria —PTF
The Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, warned on Monday the COVID-19 pandemic had not reached its peak in the country. In Disaster Rumour
- EUROPA: Man Utd reach semi-final after tough win; Inter beat Leverkusen to advance
The Europa League final-eight has kicked off in Germany, with Manchester United and Inter Milan fighting their ways through to the semi-finals. In Sport Today
- NSE: Market loses N7bn to profit-taking
The equity segment of the Nigerian Stock Exchange shed N7.452 billion to profit-taking on Monday, ending nine days of consecutive gains. In Business Updates
- PDP asks Gbajabiamila to declare Dogara’s seat vacant
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila has been urged to declare the seat of Yakubu Dogara vacant. In Politics Today
- I go to bed and wake up thinking about how to solve insecurity —Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday charged the military to up its game in the fight against criminal elements in the country. In Politics Today
- Makinde sacks works commissioner
Oyo State Governor, Seyi Makinde, on Monday sacked the state’s Commissioner for Works, Infrastructure, and Transport, Prof. Raphael Afonja. In Politics Today
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.