The All Progressives Congress (APC) has confirmed the death of the Akwa Ibom State Chairman, Dr. Ini Okopido.
Dr. Okopido died on Wednesday after a brief illness.
In a statement signed by the Deputy State Chairman, Dr. Ita Udosen, described the death as painful to the APC family and the country as a whole.
He said that the party is grieved and mourns with the wife, children, and family of the deceased.
“On behalf of the leaders, elders, members, and the various organs of our party, I regret to announce the passing away to the eternal glory of our dear State Chairman, Hon Ini Titus Okopido.”
“Our hearts are heavy with grief as we mourn with his wife, children, and family.
“This is a very painful death to the whole of the APC family in Akwa Ibom State in particular, and Nigeria as a whole”.
Dr. Udosen described the deceased as “a committed and dedicated progressive and party loyalist whose ideals were inexorably tied to the philosophy of our great Party.”
He attributed the growth of the party to the late chairman and prayed for his family at this difficult time.
“He contributed immensely to the growth of the Party in the last two years he has been Chairman.
“We call on our members to keep the family of our Chairman in prayers in this very difficult moment.”
“As we mourn our beloved Chairman, we also remember the families of all our members who have also passed away recently,” Udosen further added.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.