Presidential aide, Lauretta Onochie is one of the quite few people who find the video of the little boy who told his mother to calm down when she was about to discipline him, disturbing as she says it’s a clear case of child abuse.
The President’s aide, in recent tweets on her page, stated that a lot of Nigerian adults today are suffering from the effects of similar abuse when they were children. She added that laws needed to be made to protect children in the country.
the calm down video, is a clear case of child abuse. That was not discipline.
TIMES HAVE CHANGED
Many Nigerian adults today, are suffering from the effects of similar abuse when they were children.
In the UK, the child would be in care, his mother charged
I was distressed by the calm down video. I can’t imagine the trauma that child and other children who watched it, went through.
We must make laws that protect children in our nation
There are better and more effective and humane ways of effecting behavioural changes in children
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.