The 80-year-old father of the Chairman of Sagbama Local Government Area in Bayelsa State has regained his freedom.
Noble Reporters Media learnt Pa. Napoleon Alale was released in the early hours of Tuesday at Otuokpoti, Ogbia Local Government Area of the state.
Confirming the development, the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mike Okolo said the release was a result of efforts made by the police to restructure the security strategy of the Command and to reduce crime to the barest minimum in the state.
Although security operatives arrested one Commander Mummy Reuben alleged to be the mastermind of the kidnap, efforts are ongoing to track down the other fleeing suspects.
According to the police authorities, the suspect confessed to have conspired with others to carry out the abduction.
The victim was kidnapped on May 8 at Agbere Community, in the Sagbama area of the state.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.