The police authorities in Bayelsa State have arrested three suspected armed robbers in Ogbia Local Government Area of the state.
The spokesman of the State Police Command, Asinim Butswat, confirmed this in a statement issued on Monday.
“The synergy between the Police and Vigilante groups in Bayelsa State Command has paid off with the arrest of suspected armed robbers and recovery of the firearm.
“On 2 August 2020, at about 0100hours, Police operatives in collaboration with the Vigilante members of Ogbia Town, Ogbia Local Government Area, Bayelsa State, arrested three suspected armed robbers, namely; Michael Isaiah 24 years, Victor Lambert 19 years and Prince Sam 18 years,” he said.
According to the police authorities, the suspects were apprehended at Oloibiri Junction, Ogbia Town area of the state.
Recovered from them are one locally made single barrel gun, one machete, one Qlink Motorcycle, two wristwatches, and three phones.
NRM gathered that the suspects were planning to carry out an operation before they were arrested by the police.
Reacting to the arrest, the Commissioner of Police, Mike Okoli, warned criminals in the state to turn a new leaf, relocate out of the state or face the consequences.
- We have moved to a new domain – visit www.normtimes.wordpress.com for our daily news.
- Haiti ‘prison break’ birth 25 deaths.
- Ganduje’s aide ‘locked up’ after comments on Buhari Gov’t.
- Ganduje’s Gov’t to enact forestry law on Kano.
- UN amplifies condemnation of schoolgirls’ abduction.
- Abducted students, teachers ‘set free.’
- Our Gov’t moves and reacts like snail – Sheikh Gumi.
- Parliamentary election begin months after Presidential election birth violence.
- KDSG restates commitment to improve healthcare.
- Protest rocks Armenia in demand for PM’s resignation.