These 10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers will interest you this morning.
Nigeria on Sunday night recorded 555 fresh COVID-19 cases. In Disaster Rumour
- ‘Obaseki pretended for almost 8 years’ and I was deceived, please forgive me, Oshiomhole begs
The former National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole, said on Sunday he regretted the mistake he made by supporting Governor Godwin Obaseki in 2016. In Politics Today
- FANI KAYODE: Police beef up security in Shinkafi Emirate
The Zamfara State Police Command said on Sunday security had been beefed up around the Emir of Shinkafi, Alhaji Muhammad Makwashi, to forestall breakdown of law and order in the Emirate Council. In Happening
- Third Mainland Bridge Closure: LASWA deploys safety systems on waterways
The Lagos State Waterways Authority (LASWA) said on Sunday it had deployed measures to ensure maximum safety for commuters using the waterways following the partial closure of the Third Mainland Bridge for repairs. In Economic Today
The Alliance for Surviving COVID-19 and Beyond (ASCAB), a coalition of 70 labour and civil society organisations (CSOs), said on Sunday the Federal Government had shown a lack of capacity to deal with the problem of insecurity in the north. In Happening
- Ronaldo shines as Juventus seal Serie A title for ninth consecutive season
Cristiano Ronaldo helped Juventus beat Sampdoria in the Serie A on Sunday as they emerged champions for the ninth consecutive time. In Sport Today
- Visit Kaduna, Borno, other troubled spots in Nigeria, PDP tells Buhari after trip to Mali
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Sunday charged President Muhammadu Buhari to visit Borno, Kaduna, and other troubled spots in the country. In Politics Today
- Oyetola’s govt defends review of Aregbesola’s policies as rumours of rift swell
The Special Adviser to Osun State Governor on Civic Engagement, Mr. Olatunbosun Oyintiloye, said on Sunday the review of some policies of ex-Governor Rauf Aregbesola’s administration in the state was due to rational demands by the stakeholders. In Politics Today
The suspended acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, said on Sunday he would start responding to every single allegation levelled against him by “detractors.” In Crimes Story
- “They are hungry” – Nigerians react after Pigeons refuses to fly on Armed Forces Remembrance Day.
- ‘Tears of Joy’ – Sleeping Saudi Prince Moves Head.
- ‘What I Said’ – Mailafia | Video
- Abaji residents cry out over area kidnapping | Video
- Access Bank Inferno | Video
The former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, has revealed why he dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC). In Politics Today