PDP aspirant, Eyitayo Jegede has won the party’s governorship primary election in Ondo State.
Eyitayo Jegede has emerged as the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s flag bearer for the Ondo State governorship election which is expected to place on October 10.
Jegede was announced as the winner after the delegates cast their votes at the party’s primary which held at the International Culture and Events Center, the dome in Akure, the state capital.
He polled 888 votes to defeat his closest rival and incumbent Deputy Governor of the state, Agboola Ajayi who garnered 657 votes and other seven other aspirants.
The other aspirants include Eddy Olafeso – 175, Banji Okunomo – 90, Olabode Ayorinde – 95, Boluwaji Kunlere – 33, Olusola Ebiseeni – 29 and Godday Erewa – 14 votes.
After gathering the highest number of votes in the indirect mode adopted by the party, Chairman of the PDP Primary Election Committee and Governor of Enugu State, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi declared Jegede the winner of the exercise.
Governor Ugwuanyi is supported by his counterpart from Adamawa State, Ahmadu Fintiri among other members.
- “Stay out of Lagos” – NUPENG order tanker drivers
- $500M: Lai Mohammed speak on China loan
- $9.6bn P&ID Debt: FG secures $200M variation order from UK court.
- (Check..) This is why FG should reopen closed borders – G.O, Canaan Land.
- (Full Details..) We all have to join in the fight against Boko Haram insurgency – COAS, Buratai.
With this development, Jegede will now battle the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and incumbent governor, Rotimi Akeredolu in the governorship election which is barely three months away.