Setien plays down Rakitic rumours: I have no information that he wants to leave.


Quique Setien insisted Ivan Rakitic had not asked to leave Barcelona, while he said it was too soon to discuss Philippe Coutinho’s future.

Out of contract in 2021, Rakitic recently criticised the La Liga club’s treatment of him as the Croatia midfielder seemingly nears an exit.


Barcelona head coach Setien was unaware of the 32-year-old’s desire to leave and said he had been pleased with Rakitic’s performances this season.

“I have no information that Rakitic wants to leave the club and he has no transmitted that to me. And with me he has played a lot and can continue doing it,” he told El Larguero on Thursday.


“I am happy with his performance and have nothing to say. We have to wait to see what happens and if he wants to leave or not. And if I have to say it, the time will come.”

Rakitic recently declared that his future may lie away from Camp Nou as he asked not to be treated like “a sack of potatoes”.

“I am not a sack of potatoes,” Rakitic told Mundo Deportivo. “I will decide my future. I want to be where I am valued. If it is here, delighted, and if not, it will be where I decide.”


#NobleSports