Kenya has banned all major public events after confirming its first case of Coronavirus in a woman, who came into the country from the United States, the Health Minister said on Friday.
Mutahi Kagwe told a news conference that the government had suspended all public gatherings, sporting events, open-air religious meetings and “all events that are of a huge public nature”, NobleReporters
He said schools would remain open but all inter-school events would be suspended.
Kagwe said the woman with the virus had been diagnosed on the night of March 12 after travelling home via London, United Kingdom on March 5.
Kenya, which is dependent on imports from China and other Asian countries, has already started to feel the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic with disruptions to its supply chain.